The station list contains the stops in Switzerland.
The station list is used as the basis for requests submitted to the departure/arrival display. This involves extracting data from the timetable data (HRDF). There is no difference with the station list contained in the HRDF.
The dataset can be accessed via: https://opentransportdata.swiss/de/dataset/bhlist
The data comprises two files in CSV format:
- “Station list”: Contains all the stations, which actually means all the stops with their ID and name
- “Station geographic”: Contains the coordinates in WGS84, including optional height details. The name appears in a comment field and is therefore also identified accordingly.
What is the meaning of the special characters in the names in “Station list”
Geneva is used as an example:
Genève-Aéroport$<1>$Geneva Airport$<4>$Genf Flughafen$<4>$Ginevra Aeroporto$<4>$GEAP$<3>
The “<>” correspond to the type:
- 1: Name (max. 30 characters)
- 2: Long name (max. 50 characters)
- 3: Abbreviation
- 4: SynonymThe example states:
“$” is used as a delimiter.
- Abbreviation: “GEAP”
- Synonym: “Geneva Airport”, ” Genf Flughafen” and “Ginevra Aeroporto”